The Clarett sound
Clarett lays down the challenge to interfaces twice the price. The Clarett series features four interfaces: Clarett 2Pre (10-in, 4-out), Clarett 4Pre (18-in, 8-out), Clarett 8Pre (18-in, 20-out) and the Thunderbolt-only Clarett 8PreX (26-in, 28-out). Experience the ultra-low noise and distortion and wide dynamic range of Clarett, and record with low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins.
Decades of analogue circuit design experience, applied around 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion, delivers a superior signal path. In addition, the Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the input impedance, clarity and frequency response curve of our original ISA mic preamp. Included software is from XLN Audio, Focusrite, Softube, Ableton® and Loopmasters.
The most compact of the three interfaces, Clarett 2Pre provides two mic/line/instrument inputs, four line outputs, MIDI I/O and an ADAT input. Clarett 4Pre, Clarett 8Pre and Clarett 8PreX add mic/line inputs, S/PDIF I/O, two headphone outputs with volume controls, and more. See the product pages for more features separating the range:
Focusrite Clarett Range at a Glance
- Ultra-low noise and distortion and wide dynamic range
- Precision 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for the ideal signal path
- Record everything from condenser mics to super-hot pickups with no unwanted distortion
- Air-enabled mic preamps, which can reproduce the sound of our original ISA mic preamp
- Record with low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins
- Software from XLN Audio, Focusrite, Softube, Ableton® and Loopmasters
Please visit our OS Compatibility Checker for more information on supported operating systems.