We're looking for a diligent and curious QA engineer to help us create robust, high quality products that are as easy to use as they are powerful. You'll have a large degree of input right from the beginning of our product development process, and although you'll be supported by the senior QA team, you'll have your own significant areas of responsibility. You will test hardware and software products by following test procedures, and you'll define your own tests too. You'll also organise user experience testing and beta testing.
An ideal candidate would be:
- Familiar with music software and DAWs - Ableton, Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools etc.
- A user of recording or music making hardware, microphones, interfaces and controllers.
- Scientifically minded, strong at problem solving and analysis.
- A clear communicator
- A music lover and musician
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. You'll evaluate new technologies, adopt and refine new working practices; and most importantly write lucid, high performance, maintainable code which will form the backbone of new product ranges.
You'll also help us maintain our portfolio, from iOS apps to the desktop (via DSP algorithms, VST plugins and web applications) - but don't worry, we don't expect you to be an expert in all of them!
An ideal candidate would be:
- Experienced in audio, music and application software
- Familiar with a variety of programming languages, platforms and operating systems (C++ and iOS experience essential, Windows, OS X, Cocoa and C# also desirable)
- An excellent designer, debugger and problem solver
- A clear communicator
- Pragmatic, curious and flexible
- Passionate about programming, music and sound
Come and help us build amazing apps!
Focusrite Novation Inc. El Segundo, CA, USA
As a Technical Support Engineer, the applicant will be responsible for helping to maintain the high level of customer service we provide. They will work as part of a global cross-functional team answering pre- and post-sales customer inquiries by phone and email, and working proactively to reduce the number of customer enquiries.
- Act as focal point for pre/post sales and technical enquiries via phone, email and Live Chat relating to the Focusrite and Novation product lines.
- Recreate end-user setups to replicate issues reported in the field and submit bug reports to Focusrite UK headquarters.
- Work closely alongside worldwide support team members. Maintain daily contact and feedback to UK Technical Support team common issues and complaints reported from the US customer base.
- Monitor forum and social media posts for technical matters relating to Focusrite and Novation product lines and respond accordingly.
- Create and maintain technical articles and documents to help reduce the number of customer enquiries.
Abilities, skills and experience required:
- The ability and readiness to work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of MIDI control, audio interfaces, home/studio recording setups and music production
- Experience with Mac OS X and Windows systems
- DAW knowledge (e.g. Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase)
- A polite and helpful phone manner
Deadline for Applications:
September 1st 2014, 9:00am PDT
This role assumes direct responsibility for the financial performance (both revenue and contribution) of the global Focusrite RedNet business. As the linchpin of the global RedNet team this individual will define and then implement, utilising the experience and passion of a wider team, the RedNet Sales and Marketing strategy, such that it achieves or exceeds the Sales plan.
- Develop and implement the global RedNet Sales & Marketing strategy
- Develop annual RedNet sales budgets with revenue and contribution
- Deliver or exceed the planned revenue and contribution
- Run and disseminate re-forecasts based on up-to-date information
- Drive Sales Managers and Product Specialists to secure RedNet sales through the sales channel
- Work with the Product Manager to propagate knowledge of the RedNet system throughout the organisation and sales channel
- Work with the Marcomms Category Manager to ensure an effective marketing strategy is devised and realised
- Work with the Operations team to ensure that the right mix of products is available in the right locations at all times.
Skills and Experience:
- Sales and Marketing professional with 10+ years experience in selling to the Pro Audio / Broadcast / Live Sound / Post Production industries at a senior level
- Widely-recognized and trusted expert in these key industry sectors
- Proven Sales and Marketing track record
- Extensive contacts with key purchase decision makers in the industry
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to resolve issues and overcome objections efficiently and diplomatically.
- Strong Pro Audio technical background
- Comfortable with regular international travel
If you don't see anything that quite suits your skill-set but you think we should know about you, especially if you have original and commercially viable product ideas (hard or software) or any other attribute you think we'd be mad to ignore, we want to hear from you. Submit a C.V. here which will be handed to the relevant person in your area of interest and if we think we can find space for you, one of our team will email you directly.